Friday 6 May 2011

Question 6 what have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?


Question 6 what have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?
Using blogs to upload our work and track others work is a very useful tool to have. It has allowed us to easily change our initial film ideas to newer, more refined ones. It has allowed easy feedback from teachers and students, which has the ability to increase the quality of my work. By having all of my work together in one place I can see what I've done and what work I still have left to do.


Youtube has helped me a great deal while making this product. It has allowed me to view film openings and endings, which I have written pieces of work on. It has also allowed me to listen to soundtracks and try and find the right one for my film. Furthermore it has allowed me to watch my own product after editing had finished, which make acquiring screenshots for other pieces of work simple and hassle free.

 



IMDB has given me a wealth of info concerning teenage horrors and there ratings from various age groups. It has helped with institutional information. It has also helped me identify what subgenre of horror a film is classed as. Overall it has been a great support to my research. I have learned that IMDB is a very respected source of data, as it almost always accurate, making it my go to choice for information about this project.





Without the cameras, we couldn’t have shot our footage; they are an essential part of this project. They are very user friendly, and work without fail, capturing high definition 720p footage. They’re small and light, and don’t take up much room, ideal as some of the locations that we filmed at were quite cramped. The most helpful function that these cameras have is the ability to instantly rewatch footage. This allows for the identification of mistakes which can then lead to a quick retake. It is a lot more effective than having to schedule another shoot because one key shot went wrong and it was only noticed in editing. I have learnt the importance of using a tripod with them as well, as this makes filming easier and gives a better finished product.
For our editing procedure we used adobe premier elements. I have learned to do a great deal of things from this piece of software. Some of these are, editing, fading in and out of a shot, adding titles, adding sound and effects, adding tints to specific shots and adjusting lighting and contrast in specific shots. The editing tool is just as important to the production of our horror opening as the camera. Without it, our footage would look very basic and would lack any dramatic effect. This is due to not being able to puts shots together in a way that allows the pace of the footage to be controlled.   

No comments:

Post a Comment